The question has been asked on Twitter: What 5 albums have you listened to most in your life? Be honest, not trendy. I don't know how to be honest ... I mean, if I ask Last.fm, which has been tracking my Spotify usage for a long time, the album I have listened to the most is Pink's The Truth About Love, which I'm pretty sure doesn't reach the numbers of stuff from the 60s, to begin with. So, keeping all that in mind, here is what I came up with, in no particular order.
- Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run
- The Beatles, The White Album
- Van Morrison, Astral Weeks
- Sleater-Kinney, Dig Me Out
- And some version of the Complete Robert Johnson.
Personal note: The White Album was released on November 22, 1968. My then girlfriend/current wife gave it to me for a Xmas present.