1. Iris DeMent, “Let the Mystery Be.” Please make another album.
2. 4 Non Blondes, “What’s Up?” OK, I cheated the random and made sure this showed up, so I could link to a video of Pink singing it … I’m going to see Pink next month, consider this a preview.
3. R.E.M., “Everybody Hurts.” Sometimes when I hear this song I want to kill myself. Sometimes I want to live.
4. En Vogue, “Giving Him Something He Can Feel.” A cover of a song from Sparkle, and one of the group’s finest moments.
5. Ice Cube, “It Was a Good Day.” I’d have eaten the hog, myself.
6. Tom Waits, “I Don’t Wanna Grow Up.” Me either.
7. Body Count, “Cop Killer.” Made before Ice-T started playing a cop on teevee.
8. Mary J. Blige, “Real Love.” I predict she will enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility.
9. PJ Harvey, “Sheela-Na-Gig.” She might too, but it’s less likely.
10. Dr. Dre, “Let Me Ride.” Rollin’ in my 6-4.