While going through the remnants of my CD collection (I haven’t copied them all to the hard drive yet), I can across a mix-disc I called “American Rock”. Seems like a perfect day to recall that playlist. I don’t know the date this was made. Music seems like mid-80s, but I have a hard time believing I have a 30-year-old homemade CD. Makes me wonder if it was originally on cassette and I copied it to disc for some reason.
- R.E.M., “Driver 8”
- Cruzados, “Motorcycle Girl”
- Stevie Ray Vaughan, “Look at Little Sister”
- The Blasters, “Marie Marie”. Their first album was called American Music.
- Jason and the Scorchers, “Last Time Around”
- Oingo Boingo, “Weird Science”
- The Del Fuegos, “Don’t Run Wild”
- X, “Burning House of Love”
- The Call, “The Walls Came Down”
- Wire Train, “Last Perfect Thing”
- The Motels, “Shame”
- The Cramps, “Can Your Pussy Do the Dog?”
- ZZ Top, “Legs”
- Van Halen, “Jump”
- The Grateful Dead, “Touch of Grey”
- The Romantics, “Talking in Your Sleep”
- Tommy Tutone, “867-5309/Jenny”. Joe Maddon, manager of the Tampa Bay Rays, submitted a batting order yesterday that, if listed by position, read “8 6 7 5 3 0 9 …”
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, “I Love Rock and Roll”
Bonus quiz: I’ve seen three of the above artists in concert. Name them.